Your reputation as an automotive dealer is among those precious elements that determine the number of customers you’ll have. And in today’s age of the internet, a single anonymous comment or review can take a toll on your online reputation and can affect your business severely. Gone are the days when a simple feedback wasn’t valued much.
According to local consumers review survey done by BrightLocal, it was concluded that
- “84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation”
- “90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business”
- “74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more”
- “58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important”
Taking above statistics into consideration, you may easily conclude that online reviews influence purchasing behavior of consumers in a better way. Moreover, Renowned reputation management experts believe that traffic coming from online review sites such as Yelp, Foursquare, Glassdoor etc. results in a lower bounce rate and more page-views. Hence, in this way, positive reviews can bring you a whopping amount of traffic on your automotive website which in turn will help in building credibility and visibility of your automotive brand online.
Now that, you have understood how important are online reviews for an automotive dealer, let’s explore why they need an Online Reputation Management for managing their online reputation.
Need of Online Reputation Management for an automotive service provider
People flock to the internet to find local automotive dealerships and if there’s the slightest possibility that they stumble upon any kind of negative comment or review about your dealership on review sites like Yelp and Foursquare, then the ratio of, “they will be your next customer to they directly land in the arms of your competition,” becomes 0:1. And that’s not the kind of risk you can afford to take. Can you now?
“Do automotive dealers need reputation management?”
Yes, they do.
“Why?” Well, the one line answer will be, “To boost up your sales.”
An optimized reputation management plan or strategy not only boosts your sale but increases your brand credibility and makes it look good, really good among your customers.
ORM (online reputation management) helps you portray the very image of yours; that image you want the world to see. It’s really simple; the potential customer is unaware of your services and dealership until he lands on your website. And like mentioned before, he will be influenced by those reviews in one way or another. With the right online reputation management, you’ll ensure that he at least contacts you for further business.
Services provided by an online reputation management
A very common question that pops with most of the automotive dealers is, “how exactly will online reputation management help us or what is its algorithm for that matter.”
Following are some of the services provided by an ORM:
- Let you monitor, track and eliminate all the negative reviews – Well, for starters, ORM helps you monitor, track and eliminate all the negative reviews. You can also respond to those comments and build an image of an unswerving dealer
- Enhance your online presence – Once the negative views are taken care of, the focus of ORM shifts towards enhancing your web presence. Suppose when someone hits the search button for local dealers in your area, wouldn’t it be great if you’ve multiple listing on the very first page of Google. To maximize your listing on the first page for your dealership name, you need a properly structured and a user-friendly web site. It should be regularly updated with news articles, blogs and other qualitative contents which can include a press release. You must be active on social media upfront, i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn to engage with the targeted audience. ORM supervises these activities and allows you to attain maximum visibility.
- Helps in achieving positive customer feedback – Enhancement in web presence leads its trail to nothing but positive reviews and it advertises the upsides of your dealership. Although positive reviews aren’t easy to come by but they can single handedly increase your sales. Also online reputation management highlights the outreach or success of your dealership.
- Helps in increasing sales – There’s been a swift change in trend, number of people buying cars has increased exponentially in last few years, so has been the amount of time they put in research and comparison (online) before the final purchase. To sustain the stiff competition you’ve to maintain a paramount reputation as an automotive dealer. This can be possible only when you have a sophisticated online reputation management team. The strategies and plan layouts made by them will not only help you achieve positive reviews but increase your sales like never before.
Final thoughts : To sum up, automative dealers really need an online reputation management which not only can help in increasing their sales but also boost their social and online morale.Tags: Horizontal Image, Infographic, Online Reputation, Online Reputation Management