In the current market scenario, where a simple Google search could provide information about a person, product or service, online reputation serves to be the most important factor. So whether it’s about a lawyer shielding his practice from negative feedbacks or a recent graduate trying to impress hiring managers globally, focus needs to be laid on online reputation management.
Perspective dates, clients, credit analysts, 92% of hiring managers, even those ready to take up new jobs, do it all the time – they would Google before taking any decision. Today 34% recruiters have been known to chuck away the files of candidates with negative information online!
For most businesses, all this would mean turning to a well-established reputation management service provider or an expert consultant. Yes, there were some easy ways of choosing the right one for reversing the effects of negative reviews for any business, including yours.
What is the need of an Online Reputation Management Services?
There is a common notion among people and various companies that Reputation Management services are only needed at the time of any online reputation crisis or negative online reviews. Well, it is nothing like that. A best reputation management company will not only keep an eye on your reputation but they will also strategically improve your brand’s online image while using a number of ORM services. They will analyze your online profile and consistently take primitive measures to cope up with any sort of bad reputation activity. They will establish a strong online presence thereby eliminating any kind of negative buzz and restoring your brand reputation online.
A good reputation management service provider will:
- Maintain your strong online visibility – A good online visibility or web presence directly influence your online reputation. Reputation management firm will improve your search visibility with search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM). In case, your online presence is becoming a victim of negative buzz or false feedbacks, an online reputation management provider will strategically eliminate or overshadow it with the help of content marketing practices. In this way, any negative influence of such kind of negative feedback will relagated.
- Monitor your third party websites – Though, you have control over your websites that you own but then there are some third party sites which can be used to tarnish your online image. Who knows, be it your ex-employee, your competitor or your displeased customer can use them to damage your online image without your consent. Negative reviews on review websites like yelp, foursquare, glassdoor etc. can cause havoc on your online presence.
- Manage your social media profiles – When it comes on maintaining strong online presence, social media should not be taken widely. Afterall, your customers are higly active social geeks. One picture or negative comment about you can go viral anytime and it may damage your reputation. ORM service providers will make sure that your social media profile comes clean without any negative reputation activity.
- Develop high quality content for social exposure – Content is the top pre-requisites in order to gain visibility in search engines. ORM service providers will take charge of your content marketing strategy and they will ensure that the content is search engine friendly. This mean from keeping your blog, website organized and more personalized to reversing the negative effect of buzz, ORM firm will handle all with a good content marketing strategy.
Reputation Management Services: How to make the Right Choice
Unfortunately, most ORM firms fail to offer what it takes to set online reputation right. There are those who know how to help their clients, and then, there are many other fly-by-night experts (so called!) who empty out the pockets of their customers to no avail. Here’s how to choose the best reputation management company, get in touch with the right ORM provider, and steer clear of services that seldom work.
- Remember, your problems are very different from the next person / business in line. Before signing on the bottom line with dedicated reputation management services, ensure that the team in question is capable of handling all immediate and future business reputation management problems pertaining to your industry vertical. Seek testimonials from earlier clients if needed.
- What about the credibility of the reputation management firm shortlisted by you? Has it been verified by third-party monitors? Does it have an experienced team in place? Are the ‘experts’ updated with the current reputation management technology doing the rounds on the internet? Research well. Check out the company on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. A reliable company will be offering advice and giving satisfactory answers on forums and queries as well.
- There’s a lot more to reputation management than search engines, Internet, and link strategies. Know what’ in store for your money.