Online reputation management (ORM) is actually all about taking control of the online discussion about you or your business. Its procedures and strategies guarantee that individuals find out the correct information when they search for you on the Internet. When done perfectly, online reputation management allows a business owner, media person or any entrepreneur to put their best foot forward by making the balance.
Regardless of how low tech your way of life is, there is a decent amount of data about you available online and individuals are seeing it. In the event that somebody writes something negative about you online, you can get a dangerous disadvantage of it. White House Office of Consumer Affairs indicated that a customer who has a negative experience with your business will tell between 9-15 people, while around 13% of such customers tell more than 20 people about their experience.
So, it’s essential to keep looking for what individuals are saying online about you and after that find a way to redress any mistakes. Your online reputation is a basic part of your own image. When you ensure your online reputation and protect your image, you will be able to get your desired job or establish the business on the strong grounds of a good image.
5 signs you need to protect your online reputation
Your online reputation is an important pre-requisite which can make or break your brand. Hence, it is important for you to take care of your reputation needs and beware of following signs that may point to a low reputation.
- Negative response from users: In case you have received a few negative comments from some people, then it’s the right time to protect your online reputation. To shield your business or brand from getting to be dominated by negative reviews it is important to manage your online reputation as soon as possible because once it gets destroyed, you will not be able to maintain it again.
- Low online visibility:If your business’ website is not visible even on the 4th or 5th page of search engines then you should take a step forward in managing your online reputation. Getting to a top position or positioning at the first pages in the search engines is an awesome approach to building the visibility of your organization online. By dealing with your business’ online reputation with right keywords, online content with the best info about your business and different techniques of SEO, your organization will probably get a higher position and keep up the control of their position giving a higher probability of increasing new clients.
- Inconsistent Information: In the event that a client notices your organization’s image as one of a first site, and something different on another site, they will feel as if you aren’t trustworthy, and will probably go somewhere else. Having consistent business listing is important as potential clients always want their items and administrations from a reliable source with a good reputation. So, if you are facing such issue, the online reputation management can help you in keeping up your good image.
- Online crisis: A lot of times, an online crisis of business results in spoiling all the good image of the business that was earned in few last years. However, if you are more likely to face such crisis or want to stay away from such crisis and keep your online reputation protected, online reputation management is important.
- Angry and annoyed ex-worker: A lot of times, the workers or staffs of a business are the reason behind spoiling the business reputation by misbehaving with the customers or by working unprofessionally. A lot of businesses are facing such problems. However, the only solution in such situation is managing the online reputation.
Important ways to protect your online reputation
Few easy yet effective ways are discussed below in order to protect the online reputation of any business, organization or brand.
Get the help of a reputation management expert – Get in touch with a professional to assess your overall business performance and create a review management for your business on review sites and social media forums. Because of your online business profile, perspective reviewers will understand that there is a chance of resolution for their concerns, and will share more reasonable views. You may like to include self-explanatory videos, customized photos, and calls to action for this purpose.
Sheila Heen, author of ‘Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback’ well opines that “critical inputs can be a signal that you’re tackling things that are stretching you.” However, they do not feel good and make it important for you to bounce back from the effects of negative feedbacks at the earliest.
Be active online and respond accordingly – Your customers will continually observe your activity via social networking media and are likely to be interactive. Your online journals and the daily content that you post will gain their attention. Thus, you additionally give them the motivation to keep on following you, which will help you in building your image. So, staying active on different social media platforms and interacting with people is a good idea to protect your online reputation.
Reward your customer – In the event that somebody notices something positive or gives a decent review about your business, treat them with a discount coupon, a gift or an offer. They will remember such little gestures, which goes far in building your great image and reputation and they might post a positive feedback in future as well. You can organize some loyalty programs which works great for customer retention. Moreover, it’s great to get a good number of positive review online. The situation of your organization in Google’s postings will likewise be higher.
Opt for ways of improving social media reputation – Keep an eye on your privacy settings via social networking media. Try not to allow people or followers to tag you without letting you know. Regardless of the possibility that they don’t appear to be offensive, you wouldn’t need certain occasions or pictures throughout your life to open up to the world.
Dig Deep and try to resolve issues – Google your business or yourself in order to check what comes up. The Edelman Trust Barometer shows that “approximately 65% of the worldwide respondents mostly trust online search engines when conducting research on any business reputation.” Having said that it is prominent for you to manage your reviews on review sites. So, in a case, when you see any negative or one-star review about your product (or business), try to resolve the issue while responding in a positive manner. Try to find out the reason for which customer has complained and opt for appropriate measures to rectify the problem.